Bradley selected to play for England College side
- Credit: Archant
Weston College student Bradley Ash has been selected to play for England Colleges against Australia.
A WESTON College footballer has been selected to play for his country, the first college student to get so far.
Bradley Ash, aged 17, will make his debut for the England Colleges football team against Australia later this month after passing tough national trials.
Bradley is in the second year of an Extended Diploma in Sport, and is one of the youngest players ever to turn out for the first team of Skrill South side Weston.
After passing regional trials in Bridgwater, midfielder Bradley went on to qualify in the South of England category, despite not having the best of games. However, he turned his fortunes around in the national qualifier and was selected to play for England.
You may also want to watch:
Bradley, from Pawlett, near Bridgwater, said: “I was so happy to be selected for my country and I’m really looking forward to playing well and scoring some goals. I want to do the best I can because it could lead to some amazing opportunities in professional football.”
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 5 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 6 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 7 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course