Bradley selected to play for England College side
- Credit: Archant
Weston College student Bradley Ash has been selected to play for England Colleges against Australia.
A WESTON College footballer has been selected to play for his country, the first college student to get so far.
Bradley Ash, aged 17, will make his debut for the England Colleges football team against Australia later this month after passing tough national trials.
Bradley is in the second year of an Extended Diploma in Sport, and is one of the youngest players ever to turn out for the first team of Skrill South side Weston.
After passing regional trials in Bridgwater, midfielder Bradley went on to qualify in the South of England category, despite not having the best of games. However, he turned his fortunes around in the national qualifier and was selected to play for England.
You may also want to watch:
Bradley, from Pawlett, near Bridgwater, said: “I was so happy to be selected for my country and I’m really looking forward to playing well and scoring some goals. I want to do the best I can because it could lead to some amazing opportunities in professional football.”
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 5 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 8 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
- 9 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 10 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory