Bright and breezy at Shiplate
A cold easterly wind greeted anglers for the latest open match at Shiplate Farm.
A BRIGHT day with gusting easterly winds gave most angler’s clothing a test in keeping them warm during the open match on the Main Lake at Shiplate Farm.
Silvers and decent sized slabs were caught in the match from the near side of the lake using maggot on the pole, and several good carp were bagged on the far side of the lake, again using maggot as the preferred main bait.
Results: Andy France (peg 3) 54lb; Simon Ryall (peg 12) 26lb 4oz; Johnny Page (peg 14) 25lb 11oz. Silvers went to Russ Peck (peg 13) 20lb.
Meanwhile, Fry’s held a match on the Westpool and Hawthorns lakes, giving some decent weights for the time of year.
You may also want to watch:
Results: Jason Bird (peg 15) Westpool 45lb 4oz; Andy Curry (peg 13) Hawthons 41lb 12oz; John Macey (peg 13) Westpool 22lb 14oz.
- 1 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
- 2 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 3 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 4 Free workshops to raise awareness of seasonal affective disorder
- 5 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 6 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 7 Have your say on health services in Somerset
- 8 Ambitious West of England mass transit project motors forward
- 9 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 10 Family business raises hundreds for homeless charity