Brothers selected for international call-ups
- Credit: Archant
Brothers Jake and Josh Caulfield are celebrating after both received international recognition.
PRIORY Community School students, brothers Jake and Josh Caulfield are celebrating after both received international recognition.
Former Priory Community School student and current Ulster prop Jake Caulfield, aged 19, has been called up to the Ireland Under-20 squad to face Wales in the Six Nations.
Meanwhile, younger brother Josh (15), currently in Year 11 at the Academy Trust, has been selected for the England South West Under-16s to play through various dates in February.
Coaches will then select the full England Under-16 team on the basis from their performances, but he has been rated as one of the highest-performing rugby players of his age in the country.
You may also want to watch:
Jake is regarded as one of the brightest front-row prospects in the country and Josh is following in his footsteps, but as a second row, while also pursuing his GCSE exams this year.
Ex-Bath and British Lion Nigel Redman and current Ulster and Ireland second row player Dan Tuohy are also former Priory students.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 5 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 8 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
- 9 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 10 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
PCSA rugby teacher Jamie Biddle said: “Priory Community School has a tradition of producing exceptional rugby players in conjunction with our excellent local rugby clubs.
“I’m delighted at the progress of Jake and Josh and the whole school is very proud of them and their achievements.”