Burnham ease their relegation fears
Burnham’s relegation fears were helped by an excellent victory at home to Chosen Hill Former Pupils.
Burnham 43 pts
Chosen Hill Former Pupils 26 pts
BURNHAM faced a side in the upper half of the league knowing they needed to win to help ease their relegation fears.
Right from the start, Burnham showed their intentions, with Jordan Paul ghosting through in the outside centre position to cross the line. Shortly afterwards, Chosen Hill took a penalty line-out and created a rolling maul to score out wide.
You may also want to watch:
Twenty minutes later, they produced a carbon copy of their first try to lead 5-14. However, on the stroke of half-time following a good scrum, Dickens whipped the ball out to Tim Piper to sweetly execute a reverse pass to Richard Muskett to score close to the posts, Piper converted to make it 12-14.
In the second half, Piper kicked a penalty before the Pupils scored their third try, after another penalty line-out. Straight from the kick-off, Burnham harried CH into a poor clearing kick for Paul to time his pass to put Ben Gibb through, converted by Piper
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 4 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 5 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
- 8 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 9 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 10 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
Burnham now had the bit between their teeth and great interplay between McKechan and Wikiteria released Muskett to record his second try in the corner, again conveted by Piper converted.
Burnham were now in control and following a strong run by Astle, Muskett popped up a pass to Piper to score under the posts and then convert to make it 36-19.
Following a CH penalty line-out, Burnham claimed a turnover sending Wikiteria on a charge before releasing the backs who created an overlap for Gibb to score his second try, Piper kicking the extras.
Chosen Hill scored a consolation try as Burnham relaxed to make the final score 43-26.
Burnham’s next match is away to league leaders Coney Hill on April 11, kick-off 3pm.