Burnham enjoy a narrow victory over Minehead
- Credit: Archant
A try by Henry Bigwood gave Burnham 2nd XV a narrow victory over Minehead.
Burnham 2nd XV 24 pts
Minehead 17 pts
BURNHAM seconds played host to a visiting Minehead unit, which turned out to be the only game played in Somerset 2 over the weekend.
Minehead started strongly and placed the home side under pressure, but stalwart defending from Phil Colling, Matt Slater and the forwards kept them at bay and they were well supported by Dan Spelman, Osgood, Nathan Smith and Elliot Donnelly.
You may also want to watch:
The pressure eventually told and the visitors scored three tries to lead 17-0 at the break.
In the second half, with the wind behind them, Burnham soon scored through captain Evatt. This was followed by a try for Osgood, converted by Matt Mitchell.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 3 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 4 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 Hospital trust defends patient-to-nurses ratio increase
- 7 Weston shop offering personalised fudge gift boxes
- 8 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 9 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
An infringement by a Minehead flanker resulted in a penalty try and a yellow card as the hosts drew level. Good work by Smith, Donnelly, Colling, Jon Edwards and Andy Goodall, enabled Henry Bigwood to cross the line, converted by Mitchell to complete a fine victory.