Burnham enjoy comfortable victory
Burnham scored all their points in the first-half to beat Bristol Harlequins.
Burnham 21 pts
Bristol Harlequins 10 pts
BURNHAM enjoyed a comfortable 21-10 victory over Bristol Harlequins, scoring all their points in the first-half.
Constant pressure by Burnham in the first 10 minutes culminated in a well constructed team try. Many hands and efficient recycling, notably Dickens, Chase, Muskett, Conway, McKechan and Love eventually released Russell Pike to round the full-back and score under the posts. Conway converted for a 7-0 lead.
You may also want to watch:
Twenty minutes later after a spell of pressure from Harlequins, Burnham turned over the ball after good work by Dickens and Chase, Love sped down the wing to score under the posts, again converted by Conway.
Three minutes later, Harlequins won a penalty line-out but lost control and Jordan Wikipedia picked up the ball and raced 95 metres, evading two tackles on the way to score out wide. Conway kicked his third conversion as Burnhamled 21-0 at the break.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 3 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 New leadership team for charity
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
Unfortunately for Burnham, they got sucked into an arm wrestle in the second half. Firstly they were caught offside for a penalty, followed by Harlequins pouncing on a poor pass leading to a converted try.
Burnham Development Squad 17 pts
Chew Valley Colts 34 pts
IN AN entertaining match, Burnham came off second best against a more determined side in Chew Valley.
It was not always one-sided with Burnham at times showing they could display exceptional skill. Scott Havercroft broke through several tackles before Cameron Smith changed direction and dived over the line close to the posts, converted by Havercroft.
Five minutes later, Chew Valley secured good line-out ball to break through and score. The visitors scored another two tries to lead 17-7, but Burnham replied with a fine try by Cameron Smith, converted by Havercroft.
However, just before half-time Chew Valley intercepted a Burnham pass, sweeping aside some ineffectual tackling to cross the line to lead 22-14 at the break.
For the second half, Chew Valley continued where they left off adding two more tries, one of which was converted, while Burnham could only reply with a Havercroft penalty.