Burnham let lead slip
Tiverton 17 pts
Burnham 15 pts
BURNHAM continued with their lack of form against Tiverton, partly through key players injured or unable to play because of work commitments.
They started well enough and after 10 minutes scored a well constructed try. A well-controlled scrum followed by a smart backs move created space for Hayden Tuttiet to score in the corner.
Tiverton came back and after successfully securing a line-out following a penalty, they drove over to move 7-5 ahead.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half, Burnham appeared to shake off the lethargy and after some concerted pressure they set up Phil Hobbs to peel off the rolling maul and force his way over. Piper converted to make it 12-7, soon followed by a Piper penalty.
Unfortunately, Tiverton did not read the script and crossed Burnham’s line twice to run out the 17-15 winners.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 4 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 5 Restaurant donates meals to key workers, teachers and pupils
- 6 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 7 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 8 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 9 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 10 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
On Saturday, Burnham are home to Penryn, kickoff 2.30pm.