Burnham on song at home
A dominant Burnham pack set up a fine victory against Tavistock.
Burnham 46 pts
Tavistock 0 pts
A DOMINANT performance by the Burnham pack set up an emphatic victory over Tavistock.
Burnham opened the scoring when a line-out was secured by Ross McKechan and he was driven over for the first try. More strong play by Blake, Fear and McKechan earned a penalty, which Piper put away for an 8-0 lead.
You may also want to watch:
The next score started from a solid scrum from Coles, Hocking and Streeter which gave No 8 Blake an easy pick up to offload to Tuttiett, who unleashed Pike down the wing to beat two defenders and in return pass back inside to Tuttiett to power over the line for a great score.
Tavistock hit back, but some solid defence from Muskett, Holder, Piper, Love and Chaffey meant there was no way through. Burnham extended their lead when McKechan gathered the ball in the loose and sidestepped his way through the defence line for a great individual try. Before the half-time break, McKechan powered over for his hat-trick to give Burnham a 25-0 lead.
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 5 Worle opticians wins award
- 6 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 7 Cardiff City recall James Waite from loan spell with Weston
- 8 Wrington store nominated for best in South West
- 9 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 10 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
After the break, powerful runs from House, Muskett, Hocking and Fear earned a penalty try, which was converted. More unstoppable work from the pack saw Piper set off and he released Muskett to cross the line under the posts for a converted try.
To wrap up the day, it was Oliver Streeter outpaced the defence and smash over the line in the corner. Piper converted to make the final score 46-0.
Man of the match was awarded to Ross McKechan.
Burnham 2nd XV 20 pts
Wyvern 33 pts
THE seconds’ impressive start to the start of the season was halted by Wyvern.
Despite good Burnham defence from Will Conway, Lloyd Stewart and Will Grant, Wyvern scored a converted try. Burnham rallied and good carrying from Joe Osgood, Henry Bigwood and Will Conway earned a penalty, converted by Matt Mitchell.
Despite good work by forwards Slater, Collings, Glanville, Tom Stevens and Oz, Wyvern managed to score two converted tries before the break.
After the break, Ben Gibb scored under the posts, converted by Mitchell, matched by the visitors. Burnham scored again through Chris Leigh and Will Grant, but this was not enough as they lost 20-33.