Burnham run out winners
Burnham defeated Bristol Saracens 16-5 in a fast and furious game.
Burnham 23 pts
Bristol Saracens 5 pts
BURNHAM emerged winners in a fast and furious game, even though they were forced to make changes because of injuries.
However, they started brightly and a storming run by Wikiteria forced Saracens onto the back foot culminating in a penalty, converted by Tom Chaffey.
You may also want to watch:
With play ebbing and flowing, Burnham went further ahead after a period of pressure producing a series of moves involving both backs and forwards, before Russ Pike gathered a long pass and raced close to the posts, converted by Chaffey. Just before the break, Chaffey converted a penalty for a 13-0 half-time lead.
The start of the second half saw a carbon copy of the first and for 30 minutes everything stayed the same, except for another penalty for Burnham, successfully kicked by Chaffey.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 4 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 5 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 6 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 7 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 8 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
- 9 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 10 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
Unfortunately, Saracens found the key to unlock Burnham’s defence when their scrum-half darted over. Ten minutes later, Burnham were awarded a penalty, secured the line-out and negotiated three phases before releasing the backs for Chaffey to score out wide and then add the extras.
Head coach Graham Buller was obviously delighted and stated Burnham were more committed right from the off, the defence was more solid and they were fitter and faster.
On Saturday, Burnham are away to Stothert and Pitt, kick-off 2.30pm.
Burnham 2nd XV 19 pts
Taunton 51 pts
THE seconds travelled to Taunton with just 13 players, but managed to loan some help from the opposition.
The home side were soon on the scoresheet with two tries and added more throughout the game. Will Conway scored two tries and Will Astill one as Burnham fought valiantly.
All players who turned out are to be applauded with Slater, Cutter, Reese, Coggins, Conway, Shaw, Astill and Chaffey all playing their part.