Burnham run riot
Burnham 2nd XV enjoyed a comprehensive victory over Martock.
Burnham 2nd XV 65 pts
Martock 0 pts
BURNHAM immediately went onto the offensive and pinned Martock in their 22 and soon opened the scoring with an Alex Watkins penalty.
Soon after, good work by Phil Collings, Ash Morris, Lee Berry and Chris Lee, saw Matt Love cross for the first of his two tries, with Watkins adding the extras. Watkins scored the next try with a fine solo run.
You may also want to watch:
Collings scored the final try of the half with Watkins kicking the conversion.
After the break, a good run by Rob Lewis saw him fall just short of the line. Good work by Mike Nash, Lee saw Lewis crash over the line. Ed Lewis drove over for the next try and further tries were added by Alex Watkins, O’Regan and Rio.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 3 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 4 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 7 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 10 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
As the game moved into the final phases, scrum-half Mike Nash broke out and supported by Mike Smith and Matt Slater, saw the latter cross for the final try.
Man of the match was Alex Watkins.