Burnham’ second string defeat league leaders
Burnham 2nd XV defeated league leaders Wiveliscombe after a fine performance.
Burnham 2nd XV 34 pts
Wiveliscombe 19 pts
BURNHAM seconds hosted league leaders Wiveliscombe and came away with an impressive victory.
The hosts took the lead after good work by Elisi Vunipola set up Sam Wall to touch down, converted by Will Conway. This was soon followed by a penalty by Conway.
You may also want to watch:
A clearance by Elisi and a swift follow up by Elliot Donnelly brought down the ball carrier, the ball was recycled though Massie Shaw and Chris Jones, which was finished by Conway, who converted his own effort.
Wiveliscombe replied with a converted try, but Burnham hit back with a try for Vunipola to make the half-time score 22-7.
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Former Weston loanee Waite confirms Cardiff City departure
- 3 May 17: Restaurants reopen indoors and soft play areas welcome youngsters
- 4 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 5 May 17: Backwell pool reopens after £400k works
- 6 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 7 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 8 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 9 Potter hails 'invaluable' Cheddar experience will help at Wells City
- 10 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
After the break, good work by Tom Wall, Smith, Slater, Ebrahams and Jake Allan, resulted in Ed Lewis touching down, converted by Conway.
It was a confident but not complacent Burnham that analyzed the action of the half; and realized that a momentous victory was for the taking.
The visitors clawed back a try, but Burnham scored again through George Willcox and in the final minutes of the game, Wiveliscombe pulled a try back to make the score line a little more respectable.