Burnham’ second string defeat league leaders
Burnham 2nd XV defeated league leaders Wiveliscombe after a fine performance.
Burnham 2nd XV 34 pts
Wiveliscombe 19 pts
BURNHAM seconds hosted league leaders Wiveliscombe and came away with an impressive victory.
The hosts took the lead after good work by Elisi Vunipola set up Sam Wall to touch down, converted by Will Conway. This was soon followed by a penalty by Conway.
You may also want to watch:
A clearance by Elisi and a swift follow up by Elliot Donnelly brought down the ball carrier, the ball was recycled though Massie Shaw and Chris Jones, which was finished by Conway, who converted his own effort.
Wiveliscombe replied with a converted try, but Burnham hit back with a try for Vunipola to make the half-time score 22-7.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
After the break, good work by Tom Wall, Smith, Slater, Ebrahams and Jake Allan, resulted in Ed Lewis touching down, converted by Conway.
It was a confident but not complacent Burnham that analyzed the action of the half; and realized that a momentous victory was for the taking.
The visitors clawed back a try, but Burnham scored again through George Willcox and in the final minutes of the game, Wiveliscombe pulled a try back to make the score line a little more respectable.