Burns continues his Supercup form with double Rockingham podium
- Credit: Archant
Racing driver Will Burns picked up another two podium finishes in the Michelin Ginetta GT4 Supercup at Rockingham.
TOP Weston racer Will Burns continues to hog the headlines after his magnificent run of form continued in the Michelin Ginetta GT4 Supercup at Rockingham.
The HHC Motorsport racer has been boosted in the second half of the season, which resulted in a hat-trick of podium finishes at the previous rounds at Knockhill in Scotland.
Burns maintained his fine momentum at the Rockingham International Speedway in Northamptonshire and once again he impressed on a tough, competitive grid of drivers.
Despite just missing out on qualifying on the front row of the grid for the opening race, Burns began from third place in the opening encounter.
You may also want to watch:
With both drivers on the front row of the grid making good getaways and taking the battle to each other, it was down to Burns to ensure that he banked another large haul of championship points.
Will ensured that third place was guaranteed, while also conserving his tyres for the second and final race of the weekend.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 5 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 6 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 7 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 8 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 9 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
Race two, broadcast live on ITV4 to millions of petrolheads throughout the UK, was a tighter affair and one in which Burns used smart-thinking tactics.
As the championship leader ran ahead of him in second position throughout the opening stages, Burns pressured his rival whose tyres began to fade following his earlier eagerness.
It enabled the Eurocams, Absolute Plastering Services and Cases Ltd-backed racer to take advantage and skilfully grab second place in the closing stages. It ensured that the team scored an excellent one-two finish.
Burns’ recent run of fantastic podiums has helped him to re-claim fourth place in the standings with two weekends of action-packed racing to come including the ‘home’ of British motorsport at Silverstone.
The next rounds of the Michelin Ginetta GT4 SuperCup will take place at Silverstone on September 26-27. It will receive live television coverage on ITV4, on September 27.