Burns impresses at Donington Park with double podium finish
- Credit: Archant
Weston motor racing driver Will Burns has recorded two more podium finishes at the latest round of the Ginetta GT4 Supercup season.
Will Burns continued his impressive start to the Michelin Ginetta GT4 Supercup season with another pair of hard-fought podium finishes in the second meeting of the season at Donington Park, results that maintain his second place in the championship standings.
With confidence high following a superb maiden Supercup victory two weeks prior at Brands Hatch, the Weston racer headed to Leicestershire targeting more consistent podium finishes.
Qualifying didn’t go entirely to plan however, with a best effort placing his Douglas Motorsport-prepared Ginetta G55 GT4 fifth on the grid for the opening race. A great start saw him produce a composed drive to take the chequered flag in third.
That put him third on the grid for race two, but he didn’t stay there for long as he moved up to second place to secure Burns a fourth podium finish in five races so far.
You may also want to watch:
Burns headed into the reverse-grid final encounter hoping to move up one more position and record a second race win of the season, but after moving up to second place, he was bumped off the circuit, eventually finishing in 11th place.
Will said: “It’s been a good weekend overall with Douglas Motorsport. We showed great race pace throughout and were unlucky not to be higher in qualifying.”
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 8 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 9 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 10 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases