Burns takes top six finish on debut
- Credit: Archant
Will Burns enjoyed a top six finish on his debut in the Michelin Ginetta GT4 Supercup.
MICHELIN Ginetta GT4 Supercup front-runner Will Burns had a mixed start to the new season at Brands Hatch.
With a crowd of over 40,000 attending the British Touring car event, he had a number of challenging circumstances to record a top six finish and pair of top 10 finishes on his debut.
He looked set to record at least a podium finish in the third and final race of the weekend, with a fight from 10th on the grid to storm up the field, setting the fastest laps before being spun off by an over exuberant competitor.
Those results came after a braking issue had hampered Burns in qualifying the day before and race one, in which he bounced back well from a trip through the gravel and subsequent retirement in race one.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I’m very happy, we made improvements and we showed we had very good pace. There are many positives to take. It is a very long season with still a lot to learn, but I’m focused on reaching my goal of the top step of the podium.”
Will is now preparing for the next round at Donnington Park over Easter. His races will be shown live on ITV 4 on April 20.
- 1 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 2 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 10 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
For more details follow @Willburnsracing on twitter or facebook page Willburnsracing.