Burns takes top six finish on debut
- Credit: Archant
Will Burns enjoyed a top six finish on his debut in the Michelin Ginetta GT4 Supercup.
MICHELIN Ginetta GT4 Supercup front-runner Will Burns had a mixed start to the new season at Brands Hatch.
With a crowd of over 40,000 attending the British Touring car event, he had a number of challenging circumstances to record a top six finish and pair of top 10 finishes on his debut.
He looked set to record at least a podium finish in the third and final race of the weekend, with a fight from 10th on the grid to storm up the field, setting the fastest laps before being spun off by an over exuberant competitor.
Those results came after a braking issue had hampered Burns in qualifying the day before and race one, in which he bounced back well from a trip through the gravel and subsequent retirement in race one.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I’m very happy, we made improvements and we showed we had very good pace. There are many positives to take. It is a very long season with still a lot to learn, but I’m focused on reaching my goal of the top step of the podium.”
Will is now preparing for the next round at Donnington Park over Easter. His races will be shown live on ITV 4 on April 20.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 4 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 Pilot dairy facility opens in food innovation centre
- 10 Weston schools to reintroduce extra-curricular clubs
For more details follow @Willburnsracing on twitter or facebook page Willburnsracing.