Busy time for Mendip Girls
Popular club looks to form ladies team.
MENDIP Girls FC held a mini festival to help raise awareness of girls’ football in North Somerset. It was a big success, with several girls showing an interest in joining the fast growing club.
Since the festival Chris Ritchie, one of the club’s level one coaches, has started a development team. This is aimed at girls in school years two to five who take part in 40-minute fun-based sessions on Saturday mornings at Mendip Green First School in Worle.
At the other end of the scale, former Bristol City and Forest Green coach Jack Edgar has joined the club to establish a ladies team.
Initial response has been encouraging and the team has already played a friendly match against Forest of Dean Ladies. Jack is looking for players aged 16 or over, especially a goalkeeper, to join the squad with a view to playing league football next season. Training takes place on Sunday mornings.
You may also want to watch:
The club, which has achieved FA chartered status and is the only all-girls club in the South West, is also on the lookout for kit sponsors for several age groups including the ladies team.
To find out more about the club call Paul on 07581 375311.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 5 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 6 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 7 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 8 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 9 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival