Busy week for Rebels
The Somerset ‘Cases’ Rebels have endured a busy week, losing two and winning one of three matches.
THE Somerset ‘Cases’ Rebels have endured a busy week, losing two and winning one of three matches.
Against Leicester in the Premier League Cup tie, the Rebels went down 50-43 with a weakened team. Jason Doyle was superb and top scored with a maximum 18 points, backed up by James Wright (10), Alex Davies and Claus Vissing, both with five points.
The Rebels second defeat was at the hands of the Ipswich Witches in the first leg of the Knockout Cup.
The visitors were dealt a blow in the first heat when Kyle Newman broke his collarbone. Doyle was again in top form top scoring with 13+2, well backed up by Vissing (10) and Tom Perry, who scored seven points in his seven rides as the Rebels lost 48-42.
You may also want to watch:
In the home match against Ipswich, the Sky Sports cameras were treated to another exciting match, the Rebels running out 50-40 winners in this Premier League encounter.
Doyle was again in imperious form, top scoring with 15+1, with good support from Vissing (12+1), Newman (10+2) and James Wright (8+1).
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 3 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 4 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 5 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 6 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 7 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 10 Village's community shop to relocate
The Rebels continue on the road when they take on the Sheffield Tigers tonight (Thurs). Tomorrow (Fri), the Rebels are back at the Oaktree Arena as they look to pull back a first leg six point deficit against Ipswich.