Busy week for the Rebels
The Somerset Cases Rebels face a crucial week with four Premier League matches in five days.
THE Somerset Cases Rebels face a crucial week with four Premier League matches in five day, starting with a home clash against Edinburgh last night (Wed).
The Rebels will then start a northern tour with fixtures against Berwick at Saturday and Glasgow on Sunday.
The Highbridge-based club gave themselves a perfect boost ahead of a hectic schedule when they moved up to second place in the Premier League table with a 57-36 home win over Redcar.
Four of the six Rebels claimed double figures, with James Wright missing a maximum to a puncture in his last ride, while reserves Kyle Newman and Tom Perry scored a paid 18 between them.
You may also want to watch:
Skipper Jason Doyle turned in a fantastic 13 point return, followed by the excellent Jesper Monberg. In only his second race on the circuit, Monberg produced 12 points (paid 13) in three rides.
For the second week running, Wright was nominated the rider of the night, returning to form after a spell in the doldrums.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 4 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 5 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 6 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 7 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 8 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
- 9 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 10 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.