Busy week for the Rebels
The Somerset Cases Rebels face a crucial week with four Premier League matches in five days.
THE Somerset Cases Rebels face a crucial week with four Premier League matches in five day, starting with a home clash against Edinburgh last night (Wed).
The Rebels will then start a northern tour with fixtures against Berwick at Saturday and Glasgow on Sunday.
The Highbridge-based club gave themselves a perfect boost ahead of a hectic schedule when they moved up to second place in the Premier League table with a 57-36 home win over Redcar.
Four of the six Rebels claimed double figures, with James Wright missing a maximum to a puncture in his last ride, while reserves Kyle Newman and Tom Perry scored a paid 18 between them.
You may also want to watch:
Skipper Jason Doyle turned in a fantastic 13 point return, followed by the excellent Jesper Monberg. In only his second race on the circuit, Monberg produced 12 points (paid 13) in three rides.
For the second week running, Wright was nominated the rider of the night, returning to form after a spell in the doldrums.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud