Busy week for Woodland junior players
- Credit: Archant
Woodland Tennis Club’s juniors have been enjoying a busy week of coaching.
WOODLAND Tennis Club’s juniors have been enjoying a busy week.
Apart from the usual Saturday morning coaching, many of them have been attending a four-day summer coaching course.
Three groups of different ages got to grips with forehands, backhands, serves and smashes and, by the end of the week, even the youngest player, aged three, could hit the ball with confidence.
Daniel Johansson, aged four, was particularly pleased when he managed to hit a superb forehand right into coach Steve Pantling, who was standing on the other side of the net.
You may also want to watch:
Steve was impressed with the talent on show. He said: “We’ve got some very promising juniors here and what was particularly amazing was the fact that no-one seemed to want to stop playing. It was great to see such enthusiasm for tennis.”
For more information about the club and its activities, contact membership secretary, Judy Cannon on 01934 629819 or visit the website at www.woodlandtennisclub.co.uk
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 4 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 5 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 6 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 7 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 Village's community shop to relocate
- 10 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston