Busy weekend at Burnham & Berrow
Burnham & Berrow Golf Club enjoyed a busy weekend of competitions.
It was a busy weekend of competitions at Burnham & Berrow Golf Club.
Simon Heap won the Kennard Cup scoring the best gross and nett score of the day with a 73 playing off a five handicap, giving him a one-shot victory over Stuart Norton-Collins with a nett 69.
A full field of 148 players from across the country turned out for the open mixed greensomes Challenge Salver. The husband and wife pairing of Neil and Tricia Folland from the home club finished top of the leaderboard with 43 points in the greensomes Stableford format.
Playing in the second match out, the couple remained at the top all day, winning by two points from father and daughter pairing Paul and Melissa McMahon from Lyme Regis. Husband and wife David and Jane Harries, also from Burnham and Berrow, finished in third spot after a countback over Michael and Catherine Davies from Long Ashton.
You may also want to watch:
The Tradesmans Cup which is one of the few competitions played from the back championship tees saw a good turnout in magnificent playing conditions. Jocelyn Tomlinson won with a nett score of 69 playing off eight handicap.
There was a three-way tie for second place with nett scores of 71. Geoff Clifford came out on top with Matthew Hind and Michael Day finishing third and fourth respectively.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
The summer foursomes knockout competition between last years’ club captain Adrian Deakins and his partner Chris Hill playing against Rick Metcalfe and partner Jon White culminated in a dramatic finish with Deakins holing a 15-foot putt on the last green to snatch the title from Metcalfe and White, after the latter had found themselves two up with five holes to play.