Busy weekend for Nailsea
CROQUET - NAILSEA Croquet Club had three league matches on Sunday.
NAILSEA Croquet Club had three league matches on Sunday.
In the Advanced League, Nailsea second team had an away win at Budleigh Salterton by four games to three.
Results: Doubles: Greta Stringer and Peter Dyke lost -14. Singles: Geoff Hughes won +8 and +13; Greta Stringer won +3T; Peter Dyke won +23.
The club also had two home matches in the Golf Croquet League where the South East team beat East Dorset by 13 games to 7
You may also want to watch:
Doubles: Mary Barnes and Ron Harridge had two drawn games 6-6 and 6-6; David Hunt and Andrew Buchanan lost -2T (4-6). Singles: David Hunt lost -1, won +2 and +2 and lost -3; David Murphy won +1 and +2, lost -3 and won +2; Ron Harridge won +1, +3, +1 and +5; Andrew Buchanan lost -2T (4-6), won +3, lost -1 and won +3.
The South West team lost to Cornwall by 14 games to 5, with one drawn. Doubles: Anne Peek and Carl Jones lost -2T (3-5) and -4; Margaret Robinson and Valerie Jackson lost -3; Chris Jackson and Valerie Jackson won +5. Singles: Chris Jackson lost -4, won +6 and lost -1 and -3; Anne Peek won +4, lost -1T (5-6), -1 and -1; Carl Jones lost -2, -5 and won +6; Margaret Robinson won +1 and drew 6-6; Valerie Jackson lost -2, -5 and -2T (4-6).
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 5 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 6 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 7 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
- 8 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 Grant to provide accommodation for rough sleepers in North Somerset
Twelvle members entered a handicap golf croquet competition and played in three blocks of four. The block winners were Polly Reynolds and Peter Dyke, both with three wins and Chris Jackson with two wins. These three will go forward to the area finals of the All England Handicap Golf Croquet competition. They will also play in the semi-finals of the club Marshall Midda competition.
The runners-up in the blocks were Jim Gregory, Brian McCausland and Mike Tracy, all with two wins. They are now in play-offs to win a semi-final place for the Marshall Midda Shield and also to be reserves for the area finals.
The first play-off was a fiercely fought match between Jim Gregory and Brian McCausland. A golden hoop finish gave Brian victory with the score 5-4. The other play-offs will take place shortly.
In Short Croquet, Brigit Clayton beat Mary Barnes and Jim Gregory to clinch a semi-final place.