Busy weekend for Strikeback members
- Credit: Archant
Students and instructors from Strikeback Gym enjoyed a busy weekend, ending with a grading.
THE instructors and students from Strikeback Gym attended sponsors Frankie & Bennys and put on a high-energy performance.
The public were dazzled by the high kicks, sword and nun chuck work by chief kickboxing instructor George Katsimpas.
The club then held a sponsored event in the evening where fun and friendship was the key, bringing again the boxers and kickboxers together from all age ranges.
Rounding off the weekend, Strikeback held their first kickboxing grades, where eight students were awarded their new belts. Special mention to Joe Littlewood, who endured five hours to achieve his brown belt.
You may also want to watch:
Master Katsimpas added: “What a great day for our new club, I’m a great believer that as the chief instructor I should lead by example, so I instruct all my classes and take an active role in the grade process.”
If anyone would like to join the club, whether to just gain fitness, box or kickbox for fun or at competitions, please feel free to come along.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 4 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 5 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 6 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 7 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 8 Mass rollout of Oxford vaccine begins in North Somerset
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace drug offender
- 10 Surgery's patient participation group disbanded
For more information, contact Strikeback Gym, Unit 43, Lynx Crescent, Oldmixon, BS24 9DJ, go to www.strikebackgym.co.uk or contact Greg on 07753 615314.