Coronavirus: England’s Jos Buttler auctions World Cup winning shirt
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
England’s World Cup winning wicket-keeper has put his World Cup final shirt on eBay to help raise money for charity in aid of fighting coronavirus.
Jos Butler, who ran out Martin Guptill to seal a super-over victory over New Zealand to seal England their first ever World Cup win, is donating his shirt to help raise money for two specialist heart and lung centres in London, Royal Brompton and Harefield Hospital.
And the shirt will be sighed by all the players from England’s victorious squad.
Buttler, 29, posted on Twitter: “I’m going to be auctioning my World Cup final shirt to raise funds for the Royal Brompton and Harefield Hospitals charity.
“Last week they launched an emergency appeal to provide life-saving equipment to help those affected during the Covid-19 outbreak.”
You may also want to watch:
You can find the link on eBay to his shirt here - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jos-Buttler-World-Cup-Final-Shirt/174236606868?hash=item28914fa194:g:22YAAOSw37Veg2t8
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
- 10 Tuk-tuks to provide tourist information service in Weston