Calm conditions at Shiplate Farm
- Credit: Archant
Calm conditions met anglers from the Bristol-based PSV match group at Shiplate Farm Fisheries.
BRISTOL-based PSV match group held a match on the Hawthorns with 11 anglers taking part at the Bleadon venue.
After a turbulent few days, weather was calm and warm. Brian Shanks drew peg one and fished the pole at 16m to the far bank, 18 inches depth with 8mm pellet for bait, while feeding 6mm pellet to bag 105lb 9oz and win the match.
Results: Brian Shanks (p1), 105lb 9oz; Mark Radford (p9), 78lb 9oz; Adam Caswell (p6), 54lb 7oz. Silvers went to Ryan Radford (p15), 5lb 8oz.
A Somerset-based club fished the Main Lake and Westpool and saw Keith Fielder win the match from peg one on the Main Lake with 115lb 8oz on the pole fishing the margins.
You may also want to watch:
Results: Keith Fielder (p1M), 115lb 8oz; Martin Western (p13M), 62lb 12oz; Steve King (p4aM), 54lb 8oz, Silvers went to Pete Cooke (p15M), 25lb 2oz and George Fletcher (p7W), 19lb 4oz.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 5 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 6 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 7 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 8 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 9 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 10 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases