Cannons Cup final victory for Congresbury
BILLIARDS - CONGRESBURY Qs defeated Zimmers in the final of the Wrington Vale Cannons Team Cup held at Backwell Village Club.
CONGRESBURY Qs defeated Zimmers in the final of the Wrington Vale Cannons Team Cup held at Backwell Village Club.
The draw pitched Zimmers' Russell Ticer against Dave Larner in the opening game and Russell was on top form throughout, culminating an impressive display with a fine break of 26 to open up a 36-point lead for Zimmers.
Irving Prowse scored regularly throughout the second game against an out of touch Wayne Ticer and his 125-78 win gave the Congresbury side an 11-point edge going into the final game.
This was expected to be a tight game between two of the most experienced players in the Wrington Vale area in Reuben Hurse and Bruce Bernard but it ended up not anything like that. Reuben Hurse played superbly against Bruce who struggled to get going. Reuben knocked in a couple of 20 breaks and on his way to a comfortable victory which gave his side the cup by 84 points.
You may also want to watch:
Breaks: Russell Ticer 26; Reuben Hurse 21, 20; Irving Prowse 20.
WRINGTON VALE BILLIARDS LEAGUE 2009-10
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 5 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 6 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 7 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 8 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 9 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- CANNONS TEAM CUP FINAL