Career best for Mark
Mark Biggs hit a career-best 160 not out as Banwell and Churchill defeated Temple Cloud.
BANWELL and Churchill travelled to Temple Cloud and came away with victory in a high-scoring encounter.
A solid opening stand of 93 between Tom Woodey and Mark Biggs set the scene for the day. Biggs was joined by Dave Pye and the pair put on what is believed to be a club record second wicket partnership of 193.
Pye was out for 68, but the batting was dominated by Biggs, who finished with a career best 160 not out, in a total of 293.
Pearson took an early wicket but, Temple Cloud rattled away to 98 before they lost a further wicket in the 14th over. Veater scored 73 before he was deceived by Rob Salter’s flight.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Deane’s first bowl for the first team slowed the run rate and collected wickets, reducing the hosts to 170-5 after 30 overs. Needing a further 73 in eight overs, the final two wickets fell in the 45th over to leave Temple Cloud all out for 272.
- 1 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 2 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 6 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud