Career best for Mark
Mark Biggs hit a career-best 160 not out as Banwell and Churchill defeated Temple Cloud.
BANWELL and Churchill travelled to Temple Cloud and came away with victory in a high-scoring encounter.
A solid opening stand of 93 between Tom Woodey and Mark Biggs set the scene for the day. Biggs was joined by Dave Pye and the pair put on what is believed to be a club record second wicket partnership of 193.
Pye was out for 68, but the batting was dominated by Biggs, who finished with a career best 160 not out, in a total of 293.
Pearson took an early wicket but, Temple Cloud rattled away to 98 before they lost a further wicket in the 14th over. Veater scored 73 before he was deceived by Rob Salter’s flight.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Deane’s first bowl for the first team slowed the run rate and collected wickets, reducing the hosts to 170-5 after 30 overs. Needing a further 73 in eight overs, the final two wickets fell in the 45th over to leave Temple Cloud all out for 272.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 4 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 5 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 6 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 7 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 8 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
- 9 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 10 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.