Carmen claims British gymnastics title
- Credit: Archant
Splitz Gym Club member Carmen Benham won gold at the national schools final to become champion.
SPLITZ Gym Club members competed in two national finals in one weekend.
Gymnasts travelled to Coventry for the NDP tumbling and Stoke-on-Trent for the schools’ finals.
Gymnasts competing against the best in Great Britain were Libby Bunker, Kayleigh Down, Chili Harling, Carmen Benham, Sam Middleton and Carmen Benham.
All had fantastic results and the highlight of the day was Carmen Benham winning a gold medal against 16 other competitors to become British champion.
You may also want to watch:
Bunker, who competed at the highest level for the club, produced three clean runs and quickly left that competition to travel to Stoke for the schools finals just in time to compete. Libby received a well-earned silver medal in tumbling.
Harry Sheppard competed in his first national finals and performed three good runs.
- 1 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 2 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud
Head coach Sharon Benham said: “I am really proud of all the gymnasts who competed at nationals, to get this far is an achievement.”