Carp Cup to be held at Summer Lane
Two Weston Angling Association members have organised the Summer Lane Pond Carp Cup.
TWO Weston Angling Association members, Dave Newman and Paul Swain, have organised the Summer Lane Pond Carp Cup.
It will take place at the pond near Morrisons and will consist of three qualifying matches on April 6, 12 and 13, when the top two anglers with the heaviest combined weight of carp progress to the final on April 20.
There will be prizes for first and second place, biggest overall fund-raiser and the biggest carp caught over the event and there will also be a barbecue after the presentation.
Each angler has to pay £30 for their place and raise an additional £10 minimum in sponsorship. All proceeds are going towards the Anglers Against Cancer chosen charity - beating bowel cancer.
You may also want to watch:
There are prizes donated from Gavin at the new Fishing Tackle Warehouse in Weston and other generous prize donations from other companies.
This is the first event of its kind in Weston and it is hoped to make it an annual event. There is two places left, please contact Dave Newman on 07800 653790 for more information.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
If anyone wishes to make a donation, please go to www.anglersagainstcancer.co.uk