Carp Cup to be held at Summer Lane
Two Weston Angling Association members have organised the Summer Lane Pond Carp Cup.
TWO Weston Angling Association members, Dave Newman and Paul Swain, have organised the Summer Lane Pond Carp Cup.
It will take place at the pond near Morrisons and will consist of three qualifying matches on April 6, 12 and 13, when the top two anglers with the heaviest combined weight of carp progress to the final on April 20.
There will be prizes for first and second place, biggest overall fund-raiser and the biggest carp caught over the event and there will also be a barbecue after the presentation.
Each angler has to pay £30 for their place and raise an additional £10 minimum in sponsorship. All proceeds are going towards the Anglers Against Cancer chosen charity - beating bowel cancer.
You may also want to watch:
There are prizes donated from Gavin at the new Fishing Tackle Warehouse in Weston and other generous prize donations from other companies.
This is the first event of its kind in Weston and it is hoped to make it an annual event. There is two places left, please contact Dave Newman on 07800 653790 for more information.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 3 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 4 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 5 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 6 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 7 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 10 Village's community shop to relocate
If anyone wishes to make a donation, please go to www.anglersagainstcancer.co.uk