Century break for Brian
BILLIARDS - IN the Wrington Vale Billiards League, the star performance of this week's games was reigning champions Karny's Clan demolition of Backwell B.
IN the Wrington Vale Billiards League, the star performance of this week's games was reigning champions Karny's Clan demolition of Backwell B.
In the first game the home side's Dennis Mansfield had no answer to the greater experience of Justin Cole who scored consistently throughout with a break of 52 being his highest in a 64-point win. Brian Harvey turned on the style in the next game against George Rowe, knocking in the first league hundred break of the season a magnificent 101 and followed this with a run of 79 which looked like being another ton until just failing to make a cannon when the cue ball unbelievably went behind the red when it did not seem possible. Brian completed a 38-point win with an unfinished run of 60. Backwell skipper Bob Selby had Hobson's choice in choosing who to play in the final game but put Justin back in who responded with breaks of 40 and 52 before knocking in an 88 when it also seemed as if it would reach the three figure mark.
Results: Backwell B0, Karny's Clan 4; Zimmers 4, Lindrums 0; Short Frames 3, Backwell A 1.
Breaks:Brian Harvey 101, 79, 61*, 37, 32; Justin Cole 88, 52, 52, 40, 37, 35, 25, 20*, 20, 20, 20.
You may also want to watch:
The top two sides in the Wrington Vale Snooker League played each other this week and it was honours even as the match ended in a 3-3 draw with all players winning one and losing one frame.
The Young Ones secured a 5-1 victory at Backwell Lucky 13, although pride of place must go to Mitch Wilson who probably played his best frame of League snooker in a 62-21 win over Matt Lucas including a good break of 26.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 5 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 8 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week
- 9 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 10 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
Results: Backwell Lucky 13 1, Young Ones 5; Cleeve Corners 3, Peelers 3; Triangle A 3, Rovers 3; Clevedon Cons A 1, Clevedon Cons B 5.
Breaks: Simon Cambridge 38, 20; Rob Brown 28; Mitch Wilson 26; Mark Adams 22; Roy Jenkins 21.