Champions back on top
BILLIARDS - REIGNING champions Karny's Clan took over leadership of the Wrington Vale Billiards League with a 4-0 win over Frames Rejects.
REIGNING champions Karny's Clan took over leadership of the Wrington Vale Billiards League with a 4-0 win over Frames Rejects.
Mike Allen continued his improved form and once again set the highest break of the season increasing the mark to 77 in his 27 point win over Lee Carpenter, finishing with a break of 31.
Justin Cole had earlier had a tight match against Ian Green just proving victorious by six points. With both teams only having two players the final game went to the Clan with a 42 point win.
The Backwell derby was one-way traffic throughout in favour of the A team. Pete Wood won the opener against George Rowe taking full advantage of the run of the ball with a 46 point win. Dennis Mansfield returned to the table for the first time this season, but found Tony Berry in good form and went down by 50 points.
You may also want to watch:
Martyn Howell kept Bob Selby safe in the early stages and soon cleared his handicap deficit and closed out with a 150-124 win.
Alan Spear and Adrian Smith had a tight game in the preliminary round of the handicap competition where there were no big breaks and Adrian winning 300-264. Martyn Howell's greater experience was too much for George Rowe in the Open competition with Martyn winning comfortably.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 4 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 5 Restaurant donates meals to key workers, teachers and pupils
- 6 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 7 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 8 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 9 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 10 Man jailed for filming women without their knowledge
Breaks: Mike Allen 77, 39, 34, 31*, 27, 25, 22*, 22; Justin Cole 31, 29, 27, 23, 21, 20, 20; Martyn Howell 23.
TRIANGLE A have taken over leadership of the Wrington Vale Snooker League after a 6-0 whitewash of Clevedon Conservatives B.
The Young Ones suffered their first defeat of the season when they went down 4-2 at Clevedon Conservatives A. Backwell Lucky 13 entertained Cleeve Corners and both sides went away with a fair 3-3 draw in a closely fought match.
Third-placed Rovers were surprisingly held to a 3-3 draw by Peelers. Chris Bond had got the Rovers off to a good start by winning both his frames against Ian Lamb knocking in a break of 39, the highest so far this season.
Lee Kerslake and Julian Bond shared the next two frames but skipper Andy Jones secured the draw for the Peelers by defeating his opposite number Dave Bond in both frames.
Breaks: Chris Bond 39, 32, 29, 20; Dave Cryer 35; Mark Walsh 32, 29; James Sas 30, 21; Julian Bond 20.