Champions start with a whitewash
Champions C & C Pythons started the new Weston & District Table Tennis League with a 10-0 victory.
AFTER finishing top of the league last season, C & C Pythons continued their winning ways against Veterans A in their first match of the new Weston & District Table Tennis League season.
Kiem Mu, Andy Greed and Andy Elliott won all of their sets against Roger Crump, Ann Sandford and Jon Codd, giving Pythons a 10-0 victory.
In a much closer match between Winscombe Rebels and Totterdown Demons, many of the games could have gone either way. Rich Parker for Rebels was unlucky not to win any points with six out of 12 games going to deuce.
Demons’ Jason King lost out 10-12 and 11-13 in his final legs against Dave Hunt and Rob Hansen respectively. Rebels proved much stronger in the doubles resulting in a 7-3 victory for Rebels.
You may also want to watch:
Winscombe Renegades lost 6-4 to Totterdown C. Trevor Jones (Renegades) came away with three points, but had to work hard for them, taken to five by Garry Chell and four by both Mark Price and Phil Orchard.
Rick Hutchinson has changed clubs and moved to Renegades in the top division. He had some close games against Mark and Phil Orchard, while Garry struggled to beat Phil Yates in five.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 7 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 8 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 9 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse
Phil Yates and Trevor had a tough doubles against Garry and Phil Orchard, the fourth and the final leg going to a 16-14 win for Renegades.
In the second division, Winscombe Warriors and Cleeve & Claverham Banwell had a close match and with every leg counting, finished with a final score of 19-20.
Hannah Cope was the top scorer for C & C Banwell with nine points, losing two legs to Anne Baker and one to Dave Parker. Anne beat Max Bretherton in five and Mike Skidmore to get eight points, while Dave came away with seven points.
Max beat Margaret Parker and took a further leg off Dave Parker to get six points. Anne and Dave teamed up in the doubles to beat Max and Hannah in four sets.
Full results and league tables can be seen at www.tabletennis365.com/weston-super-mare