Charity bowled over
Banwell Bowling Club presented a cheque for over �8,000 to the Guide Dogs for the Blind at the club’s annual dinner.
AFTER a long season of bowling and fund-raising, Banwell Bowling Club was delighted to welcome the Somerset County president and his wife to the club’s annual dinner and presentation evening.
Another guest and friend of the club was a representative from Guide Dogs for the Blind, this was the club’s chosen charity for 2011.
Pictured are (right to left): Banwell club captain Kim Burgess, club president Barry Taylor, Maggie Burgess and accepting the cheque of a fantastic �8,390 on behalf of the Guide Dogs for the Blind is Richard Llewellyn.
The club is hosting its annual open day on April 30 from 4pm for anybody to come and try their hand at the game of bowls, or if you wish just come on down to see the club and enjoy the unique setting.
You may also want to watch:
For further details please contact Chris Wilson 07415 797481.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 3 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 4 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 5 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 6 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 7 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 8 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 9 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 10 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people