Charity tournament at Hutton
- Credit: Archant
Hutton Short Mat Bowls Club held their first charity tournament of the year.
HUTTON Short Mat Bowls Club held their first charity tournament of the year at Hutton Village Hall in aid of Children’s Hospice South West.
The tournament was again well attended and thanks go to all clubs who entered a team. The 16 teams were split into two groups with each team playing four games and the winners of each group playing in the final.
The winners of each group were Escley from Herefordshire, who were playing at Hutton for the first time and the Motley Crew, from Somerset, and after an excellent final played over 10 ends, Escley were the eventual winners.
Thanks go to captain, Frank Paige, for organising another excellent tournament and to the ladies who worked tirelessly in the kitchen.
You may also want to watch:
In all, the event raised for the Children’s Hospice South West an amazing total of £900. Robin Lambert, a retired doctor, who works with the hospice presented the trophies.
The next charity tournament will be held in September and information will be available soon on Hutton Short Mat Bowls Club website - huttonsmbc.co.uk
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 4 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 5 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 6 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 7 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 8 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
- 9 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 10 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.