Charity tournament at Hutton
- Credit: Archant
Hutton Short Mat Bowls Club held their first charity tournament of the year.
HUTTON Short Mat Bowls Club held their first charity tournament of the year at Hutton Village Hall in aid of Children’s Hospice South West.
The tournament was again well attended and thanks go to all clubs who entered a team. The 16 teams were split into two groups with each team playing four games and the winners of each group playing in the final.
The winners of each group were Escley from Herefordshire, who were playing at Hutton for the first time and the Motley Crew, from Somerset, and after an excellent final played over 10 ends, Escley were the eventual winners.
Thanks go to captain, Frank Paige, for organising another excellent tournament and to the ladies who worked tirelessly in the kitchen.
You may also want to watch:
In all, the event raised for the Children’s Hospice South West an amazing total of £900. Robin Lambert, a retired doctor, who works with the hospice presented the trophies.
The next charity tournament will be held in September and information will be available soon on Hutton Short Mat Bowls Club website - huttonsmbc.co.uk
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 3 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 4 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown