Charity tournament held at Hutton
- Credit: Archant
Hutton hort Mat Bowls Club held second charity tournament at Hutton Village Hall.
HUTTON Short Mat Bowls Club held second charity tournament at Hutton Village Hall in aid of the League of Friends at Weston Hospital.
The tournament was well attended and thanks go to all clubs who entered a team. The 16 teams were split into two groups with each team playing four games and the winners of each group playing in the final.
The group winners were Winkleigh from Devon and Evercreech from Somerset. After an excellent final played over 10 ends, Winkleigh were the eventual winners. The trophies were sponsored by Gary Cox (Glazing) Ltd and presented by Judy Rowdon from the League of Friends. Thanks go to captain Frank Paige for organising another excellent tournament and to the ladies who worked tirelessly in the kitchen.
The raffle, where everything was donated raised in excess of £300. After an excellent day’s bowling for all concerned, the final amount raised was £1,100.
You may also want to watch:
The League of Friends currently need volunteers to help run the shop at the hospital. If you would like to get involved, please contact Rob Blackmore on 07593 573407.
- 1 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 2 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 3 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 4 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 5 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 6 Mother launches fundraising challenge as she battles cancer
- 7 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 8 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 9 North Somerset Council launches local test and trace service
- 10 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston