Charli crashes four past Burnham
Charli Crandon scores four goals as Weston Ladies smash nine past Burnham.
AN EARLY start did not stop Weston’s hunger for goals in this local derby.
Good early passing and possession saw Weston rarely out of the Burnham half for the first 20 minutes, with two goals from Taylor Kingscott and Charli Crandon.
Constant pressure paid dividends with a pass from Michelle Tuxford creating a third Weston goal, quickly followed by a near post deflection from Lucy Clarke which made it 4-0 at half-time.
The second half saw little change with Weston’s quick movement resulting in goals for Nikki Baker and Charli Crandon, with a well worked team goal converted by Crandon.
You may also want to watch:
Play continued and good play by Weston forwards earned a penalty flick for Weston. Captain Crandon put the penalty away, putting Weston 7-0 up and claiming her hat-trick. A further two goals, one each for Baker and Crandon, ended the game 9-0.
Mercedes Benz man of the match went to Charli Crandon.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 3 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 4 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
Weston 2nd XI 2 Taw Valley 1
The Seconds managed to grab another win at home against Taw Valley.
A goalless first half caused frustration for the home side, but a fantastic goal from Jade Brown saw the home side take the lead. A few minutes later Weston scored again, with a goal from Savana Trowell.
Taw Valley scored a late goal to make the final score 2-1. Tash Weston was brilliant in goal, with Jenny Purcell, Kat Brown, Becky Childs and Shelly Parkins helping her out in defence.
Lynne Fryer, Kate Mansbridge, Kirsten Warden, Beth Gambling, Izzie Jeffrey and Dani Bearsby worked hard in midfield to create opportunities for strikers Brown, Trowell and Kate Watkins.
Player of the match went to Kat Brown for her hard work in defence.
Winscombe Ladies 1st XI 4
Minehead Ladies 2
WINSCOMBE defeated Minehead 4-2 to stay top of the table.
Minehead showed great strength in midfield and Helen made some great tackles, but Minehead took the lead. Fine passing from Kelly and Sophie allowed Sarah to score the equaliser.
Minehead scored again from a breakaway, just beating goalkeeper Kate. Winscombe managed to equalise before half-time, good work from Michelle set up Sarah for a fine goal.
After the break, good movement from Gabby saw the ball crossed for Sarah to knock home. Good defensive skills from Charlie and Julie helped keep the ball in the Minehead half.
Near the end, the game broke open and Sarah again created an opportunity and scored, sealing her hat-trick.