Charlie wins international pentathlon gold
- Credit: Archant
Wrington athlete Charlie Follett won a modern pentathlon gold medal competing for GB in Portugal.
Wrington athlete Charlie Follett conquered an international field in Portugal to win a modern pentathlon event.
The modern pentathlon is a five-sport competition consisting of running, swimming, shooting, fencing and show jumping.
Charlie represented GB at the international event in Lisbon in only her second full senior international competition. She impressed in all five phases, finishing in gold medal position.
Charlie trains with the GB squad, who are based at Bath University, but also swims with Backwell Swimming Club and is a regular visitor at The Club in Congresbury, where she further works on her strength and conditioning.
You may also want to watch:
Charlie said: “This is a great opportunity for me to thank my coaches and staff, both at Backwell and The Club, for their help so far in my achievements.”
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 4 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 5 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 6 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 7 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 8 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
- 9 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 10 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory