Charlie wins international pentathlon gold
- Credit: Archant
Wrington athlete Charlie Follett won a modern pentathlon gold medal competing for GB in Portugal.
Wrington athlete Charlie Follett conquered an international field in Portugal to win a modern pentathlon event.
The modern pentathlon is a five-sport competition consisting of running, swimming, shooting, fencing and show jumping.
Charlie represented GB at the international event in Lisbon in only her second full senior international competition. She impressed in all five phases, finishing in gold medal position.
Charlie trains with the GB squad, who are based at Bath University, but also swims with Backwell Swimming Club and is a regular visitor at The Club in Congresbury, where she further works on her strength and conditioning.
You may also want to watch:
Charlie said: “This is a great opportunity for me to thank my coaches and staff, both at Backwell and The Club, for their help so far in my achievements.”
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 6 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 7 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 8 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 9 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud