Charlotte enhances her number one position
SKIING - DRY slope No. 1 seed Charlotte Davies proved over the last couple of months why she is the number one female skier in the UK.
DRY slope No. 1 seed Charlotte Davies proved over the last couple of months why she is the number one female skier in the UK. She has raced in a Celtic Cup series sponsored by Snowsport Wales, and has won six races, needing only to win five to be the overall winner.
Two races were held in Rossendale, Lancashire, two in Pontypool and the final two in Gloucester, winning medals, a superb glass trophy and prize money at the end of the series.
She now goes on to compete most weekends all through the summer at various levels of racing including National Championships at Scotland, Wales, England and finishing off in October with the Irish Championships.
Once the dry slope racing has finished she will be off onto the snow circuit in October where she is hoping for some good results which will enable her to be selected for the Great Britain ski team.
You may also want to watch:
Charlotte is looking for sponsors to keep her dream alive to become a GB team member and to hopefully ski at the Olympics, anyone wishing to help she can be contacted on 07905 452057.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 7 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 10 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset