Bowdens Park set to host United Legends v Allstars on July 24
- Credit: John Cuthbertson
Cheddar AFC have confirmed they will host a United Legends v Allstars match next month.
The likes of Wes Brown, Keith Gillespie, Micky Gray, Chris Eagles and Lee Hendrie will all play at Bowden’s Park on July 24 (3pm), the day after Mendip Spring Golf Club has put on a Football Celebrities Golf Day.
Tickets are on sale with general admission £5 and a family ticket for two adults and three children just £15.
There are also chances to play in both the United team, for £475, and Allstars, for £350.
“It’s really exciting for the local community and a chance for Cheddar to showcase its facilities and demonstrate what it is all about,” said Cheddar manager Craig Mawford.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s nice for some publicity for the club and a reward for all the efforts of those people working behind the scenes. Hopefully it will spark the interest of people and they will go and have a look.”
As for the players on show, Mawford added: "(It will) be fantastic to see. Little bits of the way they play won’t have changed, like the way they move with the ball and first touch, range of passing.
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 3 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 4 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
“It should be a really nice opportunity to watch some enjoyable football.”
With supporters allowed to attend Mawford said, with excitement, it will be “lovely to have some form of normality again”.
And he hopes this can spur people on to come down and watch his side once the new Toolstation Western League season starts on July 31.
“I think we are all looking forward to that and seeing more people at games,” he said.
“It would be lovely if it encouraged more people to come down and watch the remainder of the club when they are in action.”
To get tickets for the game check out the link - https://www.tickettailor.com/events/conciergeuk/522553/.