Cheddar fall short
MANGOTSFIELD UTD RES 3 CHEDDAR 2 - FOR 79 minutes, this game went to plan for Cheddar, but this only happened from the point at which Mangotsfield's young team had taken a three goal lead with just 11 minutes on the clock.
MANGOTSFIELD UTD RES 3
FOR 79 minutes, this game went to plan for Cheddar, but this only happened from the point at which Mangotsfield's young team had taken a three goal lead with just 11 minutes on the clock.
The opening goal of the game came after two minutes when a ball was given away by Tom Manning and the Mangotsfield winger gave Jim Milligan no chance.
You may also want to watch:
Cheddar's defence was wide open again soon after and a mix up between Paul Whittaker and Milligan allowed the home striker to sneak between them and slot it home. It got worse for Cheddar when another defensive lapse saw a cross shot hit home.
Top scorer Adam Jones had the chance to pull a goal back but his shot smashed against the underside of the bar. Eventually Cheddar pulled a goal back as Jones again hit the woodwork, but this time the ball came back to Manning who netted.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
After the break, Cheddar eventually scored with 90 seconds left on the clock, but despite a frenzied final session, they were denied an equalising goal by some desperate defending.