Cheddar fall short
MANGOTSFIELD UTD RES 3 CHEDDAR 2 - FOR 79 minutes, this game went to plan for Cheddar, but this only happened from the point at which Mangotsfield's young team had taken a three goal lead with just 11 minutes on the clock.
MANGOTSFIELD UTD RES 3
FOR 79 minutes, this game went to plan for Cheddar, but this only happened from the point at which Mangotsfield's young team had taken a three goal lead with just 11 minutes on the clock.
The opening goal of the game came after two minutes when a ball was given away by Tom Manning and the Mangotsfield winger gave Jim Milligan no chance.
You may also want to watch:
Cheddar's defence was wide open again soon after and a mix up between Paul Whittaker and Milligan allowed the home striker to sneak between them and slot it home. It got worse for Cheddar when another defensive lapse saw a cross shot hit home.
Top scorer Adam Jones had the chance to pull a goal back but his shot smashed against the underside of the bar. Eventually Cheddar pulled a goal back as Jones again hit the woodwork, but this time the ball came back to Manning who netted.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 5 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 8 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week
- 9 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 10 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
After the break, Cheddar eventually scored with 90 seconds left on the clock, but despite a frenzied final session, they were denied an equalising goal by some desperate defending.