Cheddar ladies win North Somerset Tennis League
- Credit: Archant
Cheddar Tennis Club’s ladies A team finished as champions of the North Somerset League.
CHEDDAR ladies A team ended their summer league season in triumphant fashion, beating Minehead A 10-0 to ensure they finished as champions of the North Somerset League.
Having finished as runners-up in four of the past five seasons, the team of Debbie Sandiford, Paula Virgo, Claire Lacy and Vanessa Brill, ably supported by Juliette Knight, finally won the title.
At the same time, the B team beat Bridgwater B 9-2 to finish fourth in the top division, while Cheddar ladies C ended the season as Division 5 winners.
Although the men’s teams were unable to match the success of the ladies, both the A and B teams acquitted themselves well, finishing mid-table in divisions 3 and 5 respectively.
You may also want to watch:
The C team, having lost several key players, struggled in Division 7 and were relegated. However, team spirit remains good and the men celebrated the season with their traditional curry night.
Monday and Tuesday nights now revert to general senior club tennis sessions. The club welcomes new members of all ages and abilities and anyone interested in social tennis, league matches or coaching should contact Jennie Colton on 01934 742703 or visit www.cheddartennisclub.co.uk.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 3 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 4 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 5 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 6 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 7 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 8 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 9 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 10 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people