Cheddar lose out in Bristol
Cheddar failed to stop their losing run, losing to Cribbs Friends Life in Bristol.
Cribbs Friends Life 3
CHEDDAR travelled to Bristol looking to end their three match losing run, but came away with another defeat.
The Cheesemen were missing Will Gardner, George Booth and Adam Jones, but welcomed back Billy Manning and new signing Jamie Howson.
You may also want to watch:
Cheddar looked the most likely to open the scoring, but just before the break Cribbs opened the scoring as Cheddar failed to deal with a ball into their box.
A few minutes later, Rob Edwards cut in from the left and found Howson in the box, his goalbound shot was helped into the net by a defender under pressure from Wayne Scorse for the equaliser.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 5 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 9 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 10 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
Cheddar went behind again when Josh Underhill was asked to leave the pitch to get a cut sorted, while he was off Cribbs scored again. Cheddar stormed back and on 70 minutes a fine move between Manning and Howson saw the latter square the ball to Scorse and he smashed home an unstoppable shot from 15 yards.
Cheddar conceded what ended up being the winning goal as they failed to stop a long cross into the heart of the Cheddar box, and the Cribbs number four got his second goal of the game.
Cheddar continued to go forward but created little in the way of clear cut chances as the hosts shut up shop and relied on the break to create any concern for Cheddar.