Cheddar lose out in Bristol
Cheddar failed to stop their losing run, losing to Cribbs Friends Life in Bristol.
Cribbs Friends Life 3
CHEDDAR travelled to Bristol looking to end their three match losing run, but came away with another defeat.
The Cheesemen were missing Will Gardner, George Booth and Adam Jones, but welcomed back Billy Manning and new signing Jamie Howson.
You may also want to watch:
Cheddar looked the most likely to open the scoring, but just before the break Cribbs opened the scoring as Cheddar failed to deal with a ball into their box.
A few minutes later, Rob Edwards cut in from the left and found Howson in the box, his goalbound shot was helped into the net by a defender under pressure from Wayne Scorse for the equaliser.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 5 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 8 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
Cheddar went behind again when Josh Underhill was asked to leave the pitch to get a cut sorted, while he was off Cribbs scored again. Cheddar stormed back and on 70 minutes a fine move between Manning and Howson saw the latter square the ball to Scorse and he smashed home an unstoppable shot from 15 yards.
Cheddar conceded what ended up being the winning goal as they failed to stop a long cross into the heart of the Cheddar box, and the Cribbs number four got his second goal of the game.
Cheddar continued to go forward but created little in the way of clear cut chances as the hosts shut up shop and relied on the break to create any concern for Cheddar.