Cheddar pick up three points
- Credit: Archant
Cheddar picked up all three Toolstation Division 1 points in a home victory over Chippenham Park.
Chippenham Park 0
CHEDDAR picked up all three points in this hard fought Toolstation Division 1 win over Chippenham Park.
Tim Richens decided to stick with the team of late replacements that had won against Westbury the week before, meaning a strong bench and several excellent players were rested and his faith was repaid with another three points at home and another clean sheet.
You may also want to watch:
The first half was dominated by Cheddar, but apart from one chance set up for Sam Jones by Joe Ellis, there were no clear cut chances as Cheddar dominated possession and territory.
Cheddar were untroubled as well as the defence, once again superbly marshalled by Will Gardner, snuffed out danger early.
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 RNLI believes return to Birnbeck Island 'the most credible option' for Weston
- 5 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 6 Worle opticians wins award
- 7 Wrington store nominated for best in South West
- 8 Cardiff City recall James Waite from loan spell with Weston
- 9 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 10 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
The second half was much the same apart from Jones converting the winning goal following a run from halfway which saw his pace outstrip the defence just after the hour.
The rest of the game saw Cheddar soak up anything thrown at them with new signings Jake Llewellyn and Mike Carpenter shoring up the back line as Chippenham resorted to the long ball.
Cheddar could have added to their score on a number of occasions, but the finishing lacked the class of the build-up play, but a 1-0 win was reward for the home teams efforts and takes them into their first ever FA Vase game at Laverstock on Saturday.