Cheddar remain second after scoreless draw
- Credit: Archant
Cheddar were held to a goal-less draw at home to Hengrove, but remain second in the table.
Hengrove Ath 0
Cheddar’s weekend result maintained their second position in the league table, as they were held to a goal-less draw at home to Hengrove Athletic.
The Cheesemen’s draw meant they have not conceded for the past three games, and their defensive qualities were much in evidence as twin centre-backs Sam King and Danny Griffiths were on top form.
You may also want to watch:
Both man of the match Mark Armstrong and Tom Manning played exceptionally well for Cheddar in midfield, while striker Adam Jones played a lone role up front.
Cheddar had a couple of chances through Robbi Maggs and Ricky Bennett, while at the other end, keeper Mike Dangerfield had a good game.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Last chance to share your views on proposed relocation of Weston GP practice
- 9 Hornets' Richardson doesn't take notice of results ahead of Old Centralians
- 10 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
Bennett went close again, while Jones forced the keeper into a full-length save as the first-half ended goal-less.
After the break, Maggs was denied by the linesman’s flag and Craig Mawford was denied by a fine save.
Manager Jared Greenhalgh said: “The lads were not happy with this result, and felt that they could have done a lot better, but taking the positives, we maintained a good unbeaten run now for the past four games, and today was our third consecutive clean-sheet.”
Cheddar travel to Wincanton Town on Saturday, followed by a trip to Wellington on Wednesday.
Cheddar striker and vice-captain Adam Jones is presented with the club’s February player of the month award by head groundsman and committee member Russell Heal.