Cheddar slam seven past St Johns
- Credit: Archant
Cheddar Reserves finished the league season with a 7-0 thrashing of Weston St Johns.
Cheddar Res 7
Weston St Johns 0
Cheddar Reserves finished in ninth place in the league after a comprehensive 7-0 victory over Weston St Johns.
The hosts opened the scoring on 15 minutes when a penalty was awarded to Cheddar after Toby Jones was brought down and Michael Carpenter netted from the spot.
You may also want to watch:
Robbie Wallis scored the home side’s second goal from a great strike from just inside the 18 yard box and soon after Will Wallis scored the third goal.
After the break, Lewis Mathews scored a great solo effort and the fifth goal came in quick succession from Dominic Underhill, who scored the first of his two goals, his second came from a goalmouth scramble.
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 5 Worle opticians wins award
- 6 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 7 Cardiff City recall James Waite from loan spell with Weston
- 8 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 9 Wrington store nominated for best in South West
- 10 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
Despite the scoreline, the Cheddar back four still had a lot to do and dealt with every attack thrown at them and goalkeeper Kieran Webster had a save or two to make.
The final goal of the game came from Joe Grant, who eased past the back four to coolly slot home.