Cheddar Tennis Club’s most improved junior
- Credit: Archant
Thirteen-year-old Nathan Mackenzie has been awarded the trophy for the most improved junior player at Cheddar Tennis Club.
Kings of Wessex Academy student Nathan Mackenzie, aged 13, has been awarded the trophy for the most improved junior player at Cheddar Tennis Club.
He was nominated by head coach Stephen Pearce from the club’s 120 junior members, who range from three to 18-years-old.
As well as working hard on his tennis during the year, Nathan has also been helping with junior coaching as part of his Duke of Edinburgh’s bronze award.
The club runs junior coaching weekly throughout term time all year round for all ages and abilities, from tots and mini tennis up to full court for experienced players.
You may also want to watch:
During the winter, the youngest groups are coached indoors after school on Fridays and on Saturday mornings.
Adult coaching is also run for groups and individuals throughout the year, from beginners classes upwards, with cardio tennis for those wanting to combine tennis with more energetic aerobic exercise.
- 1 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 2 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 3 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 4 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 5 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 6 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 7 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 8 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 9 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 10 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
For more information contact Stephen Pearce on 07904 061301, email@example.com or www.cheddartennsiclub.co.uk