Cheddar Valley presentations
Cheddar Valley Rifle Club hold their AGM and presentations at the Bath Arms, Cheddar.
CHEDDAR Valley Rifle Club’s 29th AGM was held recently at the Bath Arms Hotel, Cheddar.
At the conclusion of business, the club’s president, Vera Lee, was invited by the chairman to present awards to those successful in the past year’s club competitions. The winners were as follows - Mike Griffin was club champion, plus he won the Golden Shot trophy for groups and rapids, the Peter Crandon trophy for outdoor shooting and the John Ham-Harold Leonard Williams trophy.
Captain’s Cup for best improved shooter: Phil Neve; ladies’ handicap winner: Barbara Griffin; men’s Handicap: David Oatley; pairs: Mike Griffin and Keith Thickett; Mad Hatter’s Duo: John Ham; Andy Hobbs trophy and Junior Cup: Tom Paisey.
In the team events, the Ken Lane trophy was won by Barbara Griffin, Mike Griffin and John Ham. The Battle of the Sexes was won by the men by two matches to one.
You may also want to watch:
Medals for the best scores on a monthly basis by individuals - Somerset County Winter League - A team: Mike Griffin (3), Keith Thickett. B team: Dave Oatley (3), Tom Paisey. Bristol & District League - A team: Dave Oatley (2). B team: Bob Abbott and Barry Scott.
After the ballot for the ‘coveted’ wooden spoon, the popular recipient was Keith Thickett. ‘Bent Bullets’ were awarded to Ruth Bell and Dave Oatley.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 3 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 4 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 5 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 6 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 7 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 8 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 9 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 10 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
Cheddar Valley Rifle Club is an established and fully approved 0.22 calibre target rifle shooting club with their own 25 yard indoor range in the village. They welcome new members and all equipment needed is provided by the club. Open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings between 7.30-11pm.
For more information about the club and details of membership criteria, please contact the secretary on 01934 518098.