Childhood dream comes true
Wayne Axon’s dream of competing at the TT races on the Isle of Man has come true.
AFTER many years of visiting the Isle of Man, a childhood dream of competing at the TT races has finally come true for Weston racer Wayne Axon.
For over 40 years, Wayne has visited the Isle of Man as a spectator, and this year will compete in the lightweight TT. He will be riding his Suzuki SV 650 super twin, fuelled by Monster Energy.
Wayne competed last year in the Manx GP for the first time and finished in third place in the newcomers class. This is only the third season that Wayne has been racing, so to qualify for the TT in only two years is a fantastic achievement.
Wayne works as a technician at Worle Community School and would like to thank them for allowing him to take time out to compete. This all takes place over the last week in May and the first week in June.
You may also want to watch:
The first week is practice and the second week is when the racing takes place and all the action will be televised on ITV4. Wayne’s race will take place on June 8 on the same day as the senior TT race, which is the blue ribbon event of the festival.
Anyone who would like to get involved or offer any support can contact Wayne on 07890 882808.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 5 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 6 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 7 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences