Chris first home at Cleeve
- Credit: Archant
Weston Athletic Club runner Chris McMillan was the outright winner of the Wrington Woodland run.
A warm and balmy evening set the scene for this year’s Wrington Woodland run - a mainly off-road 10k race which features two punishing climbs totalling over 800 feet.
But the course would not get the better of the 26 Weston Athletic Club members who went to do battle at Cleeve.
No stranger to race victories, Chris McMillan from the club was the outright winner, averaging under a six minute mile to finish in 36.15 and beating the second placed runner by well over a minute.
Kieron Summers was the next club member to finish, taking fourth spot in the race and first in his category with an impressive time of 37.45. Nick Briffitt was the third club member to finish inside the top 10, coming in at 38.20 and third overall in his category.
You may also want to watch:
Cheryl Valentine was the club’s first woman to jump the stile and hurtle down the final descent to the finish line in 52.08, followed 30 seconds later by Michelle Fryer. Tamara Bourne took third club spot in 54.18.
Adrian Noble and Jill Naughton also finished second overall in their categories in times of 40.21 and 1.00.27 respectively.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Talent show judge releases book on postnatal depression
The club’s next event is the final race in the Weston prom run series tonight (Thursday). The junior race starts at 6.45pm, followed by the main race at 7.30pm. Race HQ for both events is The Bay Cafe on Weston seafront. Runners can enter on the night, or online at www.westonac.co.uk/promrun
Entry is also now open for the Beacon Batch race - an off-road five mile race on the Mendips - on June 21 at 7.30pm. More information and entry details are at www.westonac.co.uk/beaconbatch