Christian sets the fastest time
Successful second round for Avon Ski Club members at Gloucester.
AVON Ski Club has just recorded a successful second round of the Gloucester Summer Race League.
Again taking 16 ski racers all under the age of 20, the club once again saw Oliver Mathew take first place from the 18 competitors in the Under-9s, in a time of 13.2 seconds, and Jon Sayers take second equal in the same age group.
With all 10 racers in the A team putting in great performances, it fell to Christian Plaster to record the club’s fastest time with 12.90, in the Under-15s. Anna Donnan won all three of her head-to-head dual slalom races and Sebastian Comelio, Rebecca Penman and first time racer, seven-year-old Lauren Tamea, all scored seven out of nine points in the dual slalom.
The fantastic results were slightly marred by Alex Sayers attempt at a somersault resulting in a painful fall and visit to Gloucester Hospital, to reappear with a brightly coloured cast.
You may also want to watch:
The league is run on a total points scored across all age groups up to the Over-50s, but Avon Ski Club concentrate on developing the younger racers, where the competition is the fiercest. This result saw the club move up three positions in the league, to lie in eighth place.
Sunday saw the selection for the South West regional ski squads for the upcoming regional championships, and Avon’s Snow squad was well represented by four of its trainees being selected - Georgina Cooper, Maddy Brown, Emma and Henry.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 4 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 Pilot dairy facility opens in food innovation centre
- 10 Weston schools to reintroduce extra-curricular clubs
Children who would like to try racing are welcome to come along to sessions on Thursday nights at 6pm at the Avon Ski Centre in Churchill.
For more information, please contact Fraser Black via the club’s website, firstname.lastname@example.org