Christian stars on comeback
Christian Hefenbrock made a superb return for the Somerset Rebels after being out with injury.
Somerset Rebels 45
Redcar Bears 45
CHRISTIAN Hefenbrock made a superb return to the Somerset ‘Dickies’ Rebels side after missing the last eight matches through injury.
After a quiet opening ride, where he could only return a last place, he was unbeaten by an opponent to return a top scoring 11+1, and earn himself the Rider of the Night award.
You may also want to watch:
However Hefenbrock’s performance, as good as it was, could not help the Rebels to victory, as they only took a point from a hard fought draw with the Redcar Bears.
The match, which produced some superb racing, was tight from the opening race, with the first two heats shared.
- 1 Fears for Weston General Hospital A&E's future after top doctor resigns
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 6 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 7 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 8 Christmas lights display for Weston Hospicecare
- 9 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
Things went badly wrong for the Rebels in heat thee, as the Bears recorded a full house, but the Rebels took heat four, closing the gap by two points. With a maximum in the next heat, the Rebels took a 16-14 lead.
The Bears levelled the scores in the next heat and took a maximum in heat seven. Heat eight was shared and the Rebels cut the deficit in the next with Hefenbrock winning.
Travis McGowan took heat 10 with a storming race, followed by another Hefenbrock victory. The Rebels were back on level terms after heat 13, but had to settle for a share of the points in heat 14.
Hefenbrock and Gathercole were the choice for the nominated heat against Jason Lyons and Adam Roynon. Hefenbrock raced to victory, but with Gathercole retiring, the Rebels had to settle for a share of the points and the match.
The Rebels’ next home match is tomorrow (Fri) when they take on Berwick. Tapes up 7.30pm.