Christmast Cracker cancelled again
The Somerset Rebels were forced to cancel their Salt Express-sponsored Christmas Cracker meeting for a second time.
THE Cases Somerset Rebels were forced to cancel their Salt Express-sponsored Christmas Cracker meeting for a second time.
The poor weather forecast left the Somerset promotion little option but to make the early decision to call the meeting off.
“It does seem like the weather is conspiring against us as far as the meeting is concerned, the original attempt to stage it just after Christmas being postponed due to heavy rain and now it’s snow that is the problem,” said Rebels promoter Debbie Hancock.
“We will give it one more try, the meeting has now been re-arranged for February 8, with tapes up on heat one at 7.30pm, so let’s hope it is a case of third time lucky.”
You may also want to watch:
THE Rebels duo of Alex Davies and Nick Morris finished fourth and fifth respectively in the Australian Under-21 Speedway Championship held at Kurri Kurri (NSW), the title being won by new Edinburgh signing, Max Fricke.
THE Oaktree Arena will once again play host to the Premier League Pairs Championship on May 31, the seventh successive year that the Rebels will have staged the event.
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 5 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 6 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 7 Worle opticians wins award
- 8 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 9 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 10 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
THE Rebels are delighted to announce that two new sponsors have joined the camp in 2013.
These are locally-based TQ Excel, who specialise in training to the Highway section of the construction industry, becoming team partners, while Tor Multimix Ltd from Glastonbury, have come on board as team associates.
A SCRUMPY and western fund-raising night at the Oaktree on February 9 is being held to help raise further funds towards the club’s air-fence fund.
Tickets for the event, which starts at 7pm, are priced at £5, which includes a basket meal. Tickets will not be available at the door on the night and will, therefore, need to be purchased in advance.
Further details can be found at Somerset Rebels website www.somersetrebels.co.uk or by contacting the Oaktree on 01278 782216.